You don’t have to look hard to find it…there really is goodness all around us, surrounding us, just waiting to be discovered. So, we went gathering. Our hope is that your weekend will be filled with courage, faith, hope, a little bit of laughter, and a whole bunch of love. YAY! It’s Friday! Let the goodness begin…
(If you’re reading this in our newsletter, click here to view this post on our site so you can see the videos and other links.)
• The idea of having the courage to break through our comfort zones has been on our minds this week. Especially after reading Grace’s post earlier this week. We love this printable from Ann Voskamp’s online library. We do want to serve the Lord better. Is the ultimate reason for having that courage to move outside our comfort zones? If so, let’s get courageous and start breaking free of those comfort zones.
• This “prank video” renewed our faith in humanity and all the ways that goodness can multiply. And we love the idea of giving to those who give.
• Have you heard of the PS22 Chorus? This 5th grade chorus from a public elementary school in Staten Island, New York just fills us with hope every time we see them sing. Let by their devoted director, this group started making YouTube videos of their performances a few years ago, and have gone one to accomplish some amazing things over the past 14 years. They’ve been featured on Oprah, Good Morning America, Sesame Street, and the Oscars. Famous musicians drop in to their rehearsals to sing with them and make videos with them. But our favorite videos are the ones where they just pick a song and sing their hearts out. They recently covered “Glorious” by David Archuleta, and their rendition is just that – glorious. Watch those little faces as they sing the beautiful lyrics. It’s amazing.
• Wouldn’t it be great if the nightly news sounded a little more like this?
• What does it mean to “love thy neighbor”? We think Allan Law from Minneapolis has it figured out. This retired middle school teacher hand delivers more than a thousand sandwiches every night to the homeless in Minneapolis. He is love embodied.
We hope you’ll feel inspired to multiply goodness this weekend, and when you do, we hope you’ll share your experiences with us on social media. See you on Monday!